Tác giả Chủ đề: Mexican chef wins gold at 3rd Washoku World Challenge  (Đọc 2329 lần)

0 Thành viên và 1 Khách đang xem chủ đề.

Offline ddnbgroup

• Trung úy
  • Điểm yêu thích +5/-0
  • Diễn đàn Nhật Bản
    • DDNBGROUP
  • Paypal Account: ddnbgroup@yahoo.co.jp
Mexican chef wins gold at 3rd Washoku World Challenge
« vào lúc: Thứ ba, 8/12/2015, 07:06:30 am »
Tin tiếng Anh - Diễn đàn Nhật Bản

With hopes to spread Japanese cuisine broadly throughout the world and pass it on to future generations, the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries held the “3rd Washoku World Challenge”
(Bạn không thể xem liên kết này. Đăng ký hoặc Đăng nhập),
a competition of knowledge and skills in Japanese cooking for foreign chefs who work in the dissemination of Japanese food and food culture abroad.

Ten washoku chefs from nine countries, which included France, Mexico, Russia and Taiwan, who passed preliminary screening, flew to Japan for the final competition, which was held at Hattori Nutrition College ANNEXE on Nov 23, followed by an awarding ceremony at Happo-en (Hakuho-kan) on Nov 24—Washoku Day. See official video here.

Gonzalo Santiago Bautista from the Mexico, who was awarded the Gold Prize, said; “I am very happy. I would like to convey my gratitude to the organizers, the people I work with at our restaurant, and also to my family. I look forward to taking this prize home and further spreading Japanese cooking in Mexico.”

In the final competition at the “3rd Washoku World Challenge”, entrants prepared the compulsory “Furofuki Daikon” (within the time limit of 60 minutes) and their original creations (within 90 minutes). The panel of judges, comprising six experts who represent the washoku industry, determined each of the three prizes: the Gold Prize, the Original Cuisine Prize, and the Assigned Cuisine Prize, while the Harvester Prize was decided by Hiroshi Ijiri, president and CEO at Deco-pon Co, Ltd, a company that connects farmers with consumers, which had been involved in the production of the daikon ingredients used at this competition. (The Harvester Prize is a prize awarded to the entrant who has brought out the best of daikon radish in the compulsory Furofuki Daikon dish.)

“We hope the 10 entrants who advanced to the final competition will take another look at the appeals and the potential of washoku as they compare Japanese cuisine and our food culture with their counterparts in their respective countries and communicate its appeals, not only from the Japanese perspective but also from a global view, ” said Hidemichi Sato, Parliamentary Secretary for Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, as he spoke about the future spread of Japanese food and food culture abroad.

Source:
Bạn không thể xem liên kết này. Đăng ký hoặc Đăng nhập
« Sửa lần cuối: Thứ sáu, 30/10/2020, 08:50:19 am gửi bởi admin »